tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Mar 30 09:10:54 1998

Re: How big is the vocabulary?

At 06:12 PM 3/28/98 -0800, DloraH wrote:
>Are you counting words like [ parHa' ] and [ Qochbe' ]?  If you're counting
>words with suffixes, we could come up with a few thousand words.
>Or are you counting only the words with suffixes that MO listed; which he
>says he listed only for convenience, they are still just a word with a suffix.

Speaking for myself, my wordlist is almost entirely based on Okrand's
glossary entries (plus a few words mentioned in the body of texts like KGT
which didn't make it into the glossaries).  I left the appropriateness of
considering verb+suffix as separate words to him: if he included it
as a separate entry, then so did I.

-- ter'eS

http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/2711

Back to archive top level