tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Mar 12 12:46:20 1998

Re: puqloDwI' lut

According to Marc Paige:

[Lots of good dialog snipped]
> >wa' QaghHom vInop: <qaStaHvIS Hogh jajmey Qab>
> >
> >{Qab} is theragen, a nerve gas. {Qav} is probably what you were looking
> >for - the final days of the week, referring to the weekend. That is a
> >bit of an English idom. Perhaps <Hogh leSmeH jajmey>.
> HIvqa' veqlargh! De'wI' SeHlawDaq rap <v> nIH <b> poS je.
>
> qechwIj Dayaj'a'. I don't think that I am using an idiom here. Since there
> is a word for week and that a week has some number (the exact number is
> left to the reader) of days, I have specified an unnumbered amount of days
> at the end of the week.

Recognize that it is an idiom to consider these days to be at
the "end" of the week. When I look at the calendar, Sunday is
at the BEGINNING of the week. Klingons might consider it the
MIDDLE of the week. We don't know. But they are indeed the
"resting days" of the week. I agree with pagh on this one.

> SI'IluD
> wa'Hu' jIboghbe'

charghwI'

Back to archive top level