tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Mar 07 10:33:36 1998

Re:English - thlIngan - german

At 23:20 98-03-06 -0800, valwI'na' wrote:
}> When I used german language at this list (long ago) I was told
}> to use english
}>
}I think you have a great Idea. Dr. Lawrence also has a point though.
}The KLI could use the aid of a native German speaker. VOLUNTEER

I think that because of DOW that rule should change, and no one has posted
or e-mailed me actually arguing to keep the rule.  I'm stepping back from my
postion that people should be able to post in *any* language, but I think
Portuguese and German should be welcome, as well as any language of future TKDs.

}> I shouldn't have posted it...
}YES YOU SHOULD. DARFST DU! SOLLEN UND WOLLEN.

Right on.  Don't think of it as your list being controversial.  It's just
KLI members waking up to the fact that we're not looking after the
enthusiastic German speakers.

}I have joined your list. It IS a good thing. It is not the best answer
}for the KLI. For those too timid to test the waters on the
}[email protected] List server, then a small beginners forumn might
}help.
}
}Please help guide Ihr Leute to the KLI list when you feel they are
}ready, and forward "posts" that are relavent to the greater tlhIngan
}Hol community.

Hey that's a great idea.  Treat the big list as the place to graduate to
after a person has asked the newbie questions in the safety of a smaller,
beginners' German-speaking list.  I know that right now there are a number
of satellite conversations in English, beginners who don't feel confident
enough to post to the list, so who have e-mail conversations with
intermediate speakers, who in turn post to the list to ask questions they
can't answer.  Eventually the big questions should come out to the whole
list for debate, but not everyone is willing to undergo the learning
experience of parading her naked mistakes in front of the world.

Qov     [email protected]
Beginners' Grammarian

Back to archive top level