tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Mar 03 12:30:50 1998

Re: Picking a name?

At 11:43 98-03-03 -0800, charghwI' wrote:

}I was amused once when I mistyped {charghwI'}, dropping the {r}
}and got {chaghwI'}, meaning, "one who drops", which is what I
}was when I dropped the {r}. Okrand recently gave us a new word,
}{char} meaning "slimy". Considering that most people who can't
}speak Klingon very well have difficulty with the {gh} sound, it
}is quite common for English speakers to call me {charwI'},
}which is NOT something one does to win my favor.
}
}And I'm convinced Okrand did that on purpose. If you ever meet
}him, you'll likely agree. He is a very kind, nice, sweet guy
}who is EXACTLY twisted enough to do that on purpose.

The first thing I did with KGT was to check to see if "Qov" had been defined.
What if I found out Qov meant "experience split ends"?  It should probably
mean "qaStaHvIS cha' DIS ngotlhbogh nuv."  So far it just means Qov.

Qov     [email protected]
Beginners' Grammarian

Back to archive top level