tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Mar 02 11:41:30 1998

Re: ram Hurgh

HovqIj answering qelayn

OK, I'll try to interpret {yotlhmey vIghoS}:
- I walk/go/proceed... whatever
- There are fields
- I am not just running around like a drunk human
- I follow some kind of course which is not clearly defined; there is
just the word <fields> -> So I can say something like <I follow the
course which is defined by "fields"> -> Then I shorten that to <I
follow the course of the fields> -> For the concept "follow a course"
the word {ghoS} is usually used. ->This gets me back to {yotlhmey
vIghoS}.

<I walk the fields> was probably a bad translation.
Can you understand my thoughts now? Is my Klingon sentence okay then?
There are certainly better ways to say that, but it had to end in
{-oS}... So, is it acceptable?
---
I didn't mean to give you the idea that it wasn't acceptable, just
that the translation wasn't a good match.  You do seem have a clear
idea of what what you said meant.

-Qov

Back to archive top level