tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Mar 02 09:39:51 1998

Re: ram Hurgh

At 04:08 98-03-02 -0800, qelayn wrote:
}
}Speaking about 'walking the fields'would it be acceptable to say
}
}*Dat jIghoS*    I go everywhere or *Dat jIyIt*  I walk everywhere

I personally would hear {Dat vIghoS} (note that ghoS takes its destination
as an object) as describing some kind of space convergence like the Heart of
Gold infinite improbability drive where you approach all places at once, and
{Dat jIyIt} as a statement that you don't drive, cycle or take public transit.

Qov     [email protected]
Beginners' Grammarian

Back to archive top level