tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Mar 01 16:40:59 1998

Re: KLBC: question types

|ja' HovqIj:
|>...how about questions like: "Did he hit the officer or the child?"
|>This is neither a yes/no-question nor does it have an interrogative.
|
|Since we only have tools for yes/no questions or ones including an
|interrogative like {'Iv} or {qatlh}, I'd rephrase the question so it
|can be asked using those tools:
|
|{yaS qIp'a'?  puq qIp'a'?} "Did he hit the officer? Did he hit the child?"

|-- ghunchu'wI'

Simple and elegant.  You can also use those oft overlooked sentence
conjuctions {qoj} "and/or" and {pagh} "either/or" to get even more
specific, depending on context.  See TKD p. 55 & 61 if you've forgotten how
they work.

Voragh

Back to archive top level