tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Mar 01 10:11:55 1998

Re: KLBC: Re: qechmey vIHutlh

ja' Qov:

> }qayajchu'be'. Where is a reflexive object in my sentence? The sentence was
> }intended to be:<How do I translate"..."> I asked, but I forgot that {'egh} and
> }{chuq} are a problem.
>
> The reflexive object is in the sentence you yearn to write, and in the
> English. We tell each other a story has two objects, each other and the
> story.  By the ay, I don't actually know what "we tell each other a story"
> means.  I get the idea that you both know the story so well you are kind of
> reciting it in unison. Is this right?  Whatever the case, just describe what
> exactly is happening and you'll be alright.

qajangmeH tlhIngan Hol vIlo' vIqeqnISmo'. Qaghmey ngaSbejbogh QInwIj'e'
DayajmeHDIvI' HolvaD vImugh.

Because I have to practise I use Klingon to answer you. In order that
you can understand my message which certainly contains errors, I'll
translate it into English.

mu'tlhegh pIm Daqel 'e' vIQub. DaH qayaj. Hu' puS ghu' vIQIj 'ej
lInuQba'bogh mu'tlheghvetlh vImugh 'e' vInIDqa'. mujangta' charghwI'.

I thought you meant a different sentence. A few days ago I explained the
situation and I tried again to translate that sentence which obviously
annoys you (yes, I mean plural). charghwI' has answered me.

> }KLBC QIn vIqon vIneHqa', 'ach poH vIghajchu'be'. Qapta' De'wI'wIj, Qapbe'pu',
> }Qapta', Qapbe'pu'... vaj pat vIchennISqa'chu'.
>
> {chen} is "take form."  You don't "take form" something. You might need to
> cause it to take form again {vIchennISqa'moH}

*English* TKD vIghajbe' 'ach  <build up> <take form> ghap 'oS mu' {chen}
'e' ja' *pojwI'*. <build up> vIlo' 'e' vIHech. ghaytan latlh mu'mey qaq
law'{chen}qaq puS.

I don't have the English TKD, but *pojwI'* says that the word {chen}
either represents <build up> or <take form>. I intended to use <build
up>. Probably other words are better than {chen}.

> We actually have the verb "install"  - {jom}.  It's to "install a device,"
> but I'd use it myself to install a piece of software.  You decide for yourself.

This is probably better.

> Qov     [email protected]
> Beginners' Grammarian

(mu'tlheghmey Huj qonqa'bogh) HovqIj