tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jun 26 15:54:17 1998

Re: TYPECASE.EXE

---Anthony Appleyard  wrote:

>   TYPECASE.EXE -vaD PC Windows ghunghach > ponglu' vIchenmoHpu'.
Windows 3.1

{ghunghach vIchenmoHpu'}?  You've used a marked construction to turn a
verb into a questionable noin, and then promptly turned it back into a
verb.

You also appear to be using {-vaD} backwards.

PC Windows-vaD TYPECASE.EXE vIghunpu'.

"I have coded "TYPECASE.EXE" for PC Windows."

> <Character Key> rur, 'ach HaStajIHDaq Deghmey'e' 'aghbogh Typecase
tInqu' law'
> HaStajIHDaq Deghmey'e' 'aghbogh Character Key tInqu' puS.

I suspect you are working from a flawed wordlist that gives "monitor"
as */HaStajIH/.  Monitor is {jIH} and viewing screen is /HaSta/.  But
better, there is a single Klingon verb /cha'/ for "display on screen."
  It's easer to construct a law'/puS if you put as little as possible
in the actual construction.  {cha'lu'DI' Typecase Degh tIn law'
Character Key Degh tIn puS}.  I'd like it too if adding {-qu'} to the
stative verb in a law'/puS added the idea of "much" but don't count on
it.