tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jun 26 15:38:07 1998

Re: KLBC: beings

---Lothar Khan Irrgang  wrote:

> Hi! It's me again! ;-)
> ..looking for another phrase...
>
> How do I say: "people passing by"
>
> I dont want to use tera'nganpu or tlhInganpu' because I want to
refer to
> all kinds of intelligent beings that may come along.

There are two words for person, both listed in TKD:  ghot and nuv.

"People passing by" could mean a number of things, people travelling
faster, people ignoring me, people not buying anything, people
continuing to move while  another is stopped, people coming close,
people visible ... The entire sentence has to be taken into
consideration.