tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jun 26 13:58:15 1998

Re: KLBC: beings

Lothar "Khan" Irrgang wrote:

: How do I say: "people passing by"
:
: I dont want to use {tera'nganpu} or {tlhInganpu'} because I want to refer to
: all kinds of intelligent beings that may come along.

I'll leave the grammar to Qov and just suggest some options for "people":

ghot  person (humanoid) (n.)
 - ghotpu' tamey
   Personnel Files (ST:Comm)
 - reH tay' ghot tuqDaj je.
   One is always of his tribe.
   ("A person and his house are always together"). TKW

nuv  person (humanoid) (n.)
 - butlh ghajbogh nuv'e' yIHo'
   Admire the person with dirt under his fingernails. TKW

yoq  humanoid (n.)
 - yoq yIn yuQ 'oH Qo'noS'e'.  yInSIp voQSIp je ngaS muDDaj.
   Qo'noS is a class-M planet with an oxygen/nitrogen atmosphere. S27

HoSDo'  energy beings (n.) [plural only?]

Dep  a being (nonhumanoid) (n.)
   cf. bIQDep "fish" KGT & *chalDep "bird" (mailing list)

ngan  inhabitant (n.) (vb. toq "be inhabited" & Dab "reside in/at, dwell in/at")
 - qo'mey Sar charghtaHvIS chaH Dat tlhIngan may'Duj luleghDI' neH qIb nganpu'
    buQpu' may'Duj 'ej ghIjpu' 'oH. nIteb ghIjpu' je Deghvam
   this symbol grew to become as feared throughout the galaxy as the menacing
    profiles of their battlecruisers. SP1

roghvaH  population (n.)

The difference between {ghot} and {nuv} is unclear.

- Voragh
  Ca'Non Master of the Klingons

Back to archive top level