tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jun 09 11:42:14 1998

Re: RE: jabbI'ID cha'

On Tue, 9 Jun 1998 09:53:39 -0700 (PDT) "Andeen, Eric"
<[email protected]> wrote:

> ... Also, for
> seven days from now, you want <SochleS> rather than <SochHu'>. I used to
> make this mistake all the time. I believe charghwI' has a way to
> remember this; perhaps he will share it...

It has been a while, but I think the way I used to remember it
is that I work at the University of Virginia. We have football
fans who will dress up in a tuxedo, paint half their face red
and the other half orange and get drunk beyond the threshold of
medical danger. These individuals call themselves "Wahoos".

So, when I see {wa'Hu'}, I think of "Wahoo", and I don't have
much trouble figuring out whether they should be associated with
tomorrow or yesterday. These guys are not the future.

Is that the reference you were remembering, pagh?

> pagh
> Temporary Beginners' Grammarian

charghwI'

Back to archive top level