tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jun 09 10:56:53 1998

RE: jabbI'ID cha'

: qInSaD wrote:
: >wej Haq SIQta' 'ej Soch Hu' Haq loSDIch qaSlu'.
:
: The first part of the sentence is probably fine, but I do have two
: comments. Fist off, you have run into one of the annoying ambiguities of
: Klingon. <wej> can either mean "three" or "not yet". In this case, we
: can tell from the second part of the sentence, but it might be clearer
: if you avoided it. Second, I don't know if we can use <Haq> to describe
: a specific surgical procedure; it might just mean surgery in general.
: Fortunately, both problems can be avoided with a simple change: <wejlogh
: Haq SIQta'>.
:
: pagh
: Temporary Beginners' Grammarian

There's nothing in my notes that'll help with {Haq}:

  Haq  perform surgery (on) (v) KGT
   - No examples.
  Haq  intervene in (a situation) (v) (slang) KGT
   - (Any examples in KGT?)
  Haq  surgery (n)
   - No examples.
  Haqtaj  scalpel (n)
   - No examples.
  HaqwI'  surgeon (n)
   - HaqwI''e' DaH yISam
     Find the SURGEON now! TKD

  SIQ  endure, bear (v)
   - 'oy' DaSIQjaj!
     May you endure the pain! PK
   - yIn DayajmeH 'oy' yISIQ.
     To understand life, endure pain. TKW
   - yIn nI' yISIQ 'ej yIchep!
     Live long and prosper! (RT mag)
  SIQwI'  celebrant, recipient [i.e. of pain during a nentay] KGT (n)
   - SIQwI' lu'oy'moHmeH juppu'Daj 'oy'naQmey lo' chaH
     The Painstik is employed by friends of the recipient... S32

Voragh

Back to archive top level