tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jun 09 13:52:18 1998

Re: jabbI'ID cha'

pagh:
>> seven days from now, you want <SochleS> rather than <SochHu'>. I used to
>> make this mistake all the time. I believe charghwI' has a way to
>> remember this; perhaps he will share it...

charghwI':
> So, when I see {wa'Hu'}, I think of "Wahoo", and I don't have
> much trouble figuring out whether they should be associated with
> tomorrow or yesterday. These guys are not the future.

HovqIj:
: Or try the following: {Hu'} also means "get up", {leS} also means "rest". So,
: if it's in the afternoon, you got up in the past and you will rest in the
: future...

I always relate {leS} to {leSSov} "foresight" (looking ahead or
"fore-knowledge") and {leSpoH} "shore leave" (a time you look forward to).
I know that {leSpoH} is really from {leS} "rest", but it works for me and I
remember two more words in the process.

Voragh

Back to archive top level