tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jun 01 13:42:11 1998

KLBC: Q on {-meH} (was: long weekend with MO)

ter'eS, Voragh and charghwI' discuss the following sentences
(with respect of indefinite subject "it")

yaS SuvmeH Qatlh (Qu').
It (The task) is difficult to fight the officer.

qIpmeH Qatlh'a' nejwI'?
Is the probe difficult to hit?

tlhIngan Hol jatlhmeH ngeD.
It is easy to speak Klingon.

Now, I've seen this before, and I never quite understood, how
the being difficult/easy/whatever is done for a purpose.

(*It is difficult in order to fight the officer.
*It is difficult in order to hit.
*It is easy in order to speak Klingon.)

This is quite obviously not what is meant here.
Can I please have a summary of how the meaning of {-meH}
is extended by Okrandian usage?

                                           Marc Ruehlaender
                                           aka HomDoq
                                           [email protected]