tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Aug 10 13:52:02 1998

Alternative approach to learning klingon

What about obtaining klingon texts, such as Shakespeare / The Bible and
translating into english to implant klingon grammer in my brain.  This
way the concepts shopuld become second nature and I will not have to
unlearn anything I may have learned incorrectly.  It should be more
effective than me composing klingon messages and having half of what I
write corrected.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining (far from it;
I appreciate any help I get), it's just that the approach of using this
list for beginners seems to me to be a little slow.  This method will
have the added bonus of teaching vocabulary, instead of browsing a list
and then picking a word to use at random.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?
--
Matt Peperell <[email protected]>
"Hope for the best, prepare for the worst, be satisfied with the mediocre"

Back to archive top level