tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Sep 29 20:48:56 1997

Re: KLBC: better

tlhob qoror:
>ghItlh ghunchu'wI'
>>Remembering that {Dub} means "improve (something else)", there probably
>>should be a {-lu'} here:  {Dublu'pu'} "one has improved it."
>
>How do we know that?  I don't object, I'd just like to know the source.

SkyBox card S26, for one (reprinted in HolQeD 5:3):
{DuraS tuq tlhIngan yejquv patlh luDub 'e' reH lunIDtaH DuraS be'nI'pu'
lurSa' be'etor je...}
"The sisters of the House of Duras, Lursa and B'Etor, are constantly
seeking a higher standing for the House of Duras within the Klingon
High Council..."

Of course, this sentence also puts an aspect suffix on the second verb
of a sentence-as-object. :-/

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level