tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Sep 26 21:41:50 1997

RE: Virtual Postal Course

>>----------

I will agree that EMAIL is easier to communicate, and that when communicating
people get a little sloppy, but I find it "distasteful" to be told that
because I'm doing something "on-line", I'm not going to think about it.  If
this is the case, the entire reason for this EMAIL list fits your non-thinking
senerio, so it too should be dropped and "put to paper" and mailed.

It also seems to indicate that people who WORK on-line don't think about their
job.  I for one find this "insulting" and "irresponsible preaching from
someone supposedly in a position such as grammarian.

>>Anyone who believes s/he can learn Klingon without
>>thinking is seriously misguided.

I really believe you need to "rethink" this one.

>>Anyone who is not willing to go to the
>>minor trouble to put a lesson in an envelope
>>with an SASE is unlikely to actually work on
>>a lesson with much thought.

When I was a kid I walked 10 miles to school and back.  Therefore I learned
much more than kids now a days!

>>it makes sense for him to confine his
>>efforts to those serious enough to master
>>the technology of envelope-licking.

We should forget about hiring students who use computers and concentrate on
those with abacus skills, qar'a'?

KEN

Back to archive top level