tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Sep 23 14:33:48 1997

HIvqa' veqlargh! (Re: Hoghvam vIttlhegh)

qon SuStel:
> [email protected] on behalf of [email protected] wrote:
> -Hurgh Qaw'be'bogh wov'e' 'oH teH.-

>{wov} is not a noun.  {teH} is not a noun.  If {Hurgh} is treated as a noun
it means >"pickle."

>--
>SuStel
>qoH vuvbe' SuStel
>Stardate 97727.5

So... basically I talked about a pickle that isn't destroyed, and followed
with a bunch a nonsense...

I knew verbs can be used as nouns to a LIMITED extent. But I thought, "What
the heck! Push it a little!" Unfortunately I pushed my entire Hoghvam
vIttlhegh off the cliff.

I assume that it was understood that I meant "Truth is a light which does not
destroy the darkness." I wanted to avoid the whole business with -ghach,
since I don't completely understand it. But, then I just now looked in the
TKD addendum.
truth (n): vIt
Well, I now have that part figured out. *wovwI''e'* works for where I have
*wov'e'.* Now for *Hurgh.* I didn't want to use -wI' because that means
"thing/person who is dark."
I wanted to go for the idea of darkness as a substance enveloping one's mind
constantly drowning any thoughts of honor that it can.
     On that note, why use darkness at all? I'm not sure how darkness relates
to Klnigon culture, but I do know about water and heat.

- bIQ QaDmoHbe'bogh tuj'e' 'oH vIt.-
Truth is the heat which does not dry the water.

qatlho' 'ej qar vIttlheghvam 'e' vItul.

Brent Kesler
bI'reng, qetlher puqloD
-reH Hol jatlhlu'chugh, not Hegh wo'.-