tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Sep 18 00:00:39 1997

Re: Klingon vessel phrase

At 02:24 PM 9/17/97 -0700, Edy wrote:
> A phrase to put in the door of my klingon vessel!  :-)
>
> Surchem Hoch 'ach HoSqu' tlham
> (Ev'rything is energy, but the gravity is power)

{Surchem} means force field.  And every clause needs a verb, or at least a
pronoun acting as a verb.

This appears to say: "All the force field, but gravity is very powerful."

		or

> Surchem moj Hoch 'ach HoSqu' moj tlham
> (Ev'rything becomes energy, but the gravity becomes power)

"Everything becomes a force field, but it is very powerful. Gravity becomes."

Watch your nouns and verbs.  They aren't interchangeable.  I don't really
understand the message you are trying to get across here.  Perhaps:

{HoS Hoch 'ach HoSchu' tlham} or {HoS ngaS Hoch 'ach HoSqu' tlham} expresses
your idea?

And non-Klingon related:  in English it's true that we usually pronounce
this word as "ev'rything" but we spell it "everything."

Qov  ([email protected])
Beginners' Grammarian

Back to archive top level