tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Sep 17 07:47:34 1997

Re: RT/BBC

On Wed, 17 Sep 1997, Duncan Barrett wrote:

|[Voragh wrote:]
|>----------- Actually, Okrand has given us two versions of this. In the
|>BBC "Radio Times" article, he rendered it (somewhat facetiously I think)
|>as:----------------
|
|I don't think either RT or the BBC would appreciate being so closely
|associated.  There follows an explanation for Non-UK Klingons:
|  [...]
|To say that the book is a BBC RT book is, therefore, innacurate.  (However,
|Star Trek has always been shown on BEEB 2 in the UK - And now on sky too.)
|The book itself was simply something that RT chose to compile as a suitable
|30th anniversary commemoration (it *is* a v. good book) because they knew
|that many RT readers enjoy Star Trek.  The BBC may have had some involvement
|(they have the video archives) but they are not affiliated with the Radio
|Times as the statement suggests.
|  [...]
|I hope that cleared all this up (Please don't take offence - I'm just
|trying to explain.)

quvwIj DatIchpu'be'.  chochuHmo' (QaghwIj DaQIjchu'mo') qatlho'.

It's like the "TV Guide" in the States then. I'll update my notes. I was
unfamiliar with British television and simply copied down what someone else
posted to the list some time ago. I haven't actually seen the book.

Voragh.

Back to archive top level