tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Sep 17 01:42:20 1997

RT/BBC

----------- Actually, Okrand has given us two versions of this. In the BBC
"Radio
Times" article, he rendered it (somewhat facetiously I think)
as:----------------

I don't think either RT or the BBC would appreciate being so closely
associated.  There follows an explanation for Non-UK Klingons:

The Radio Times originally started covering only radio (as implied by its
name) and started covering TV when it became popular.  As each new
(terrestrial) channel has appeared - Channel 5 being the latest - RT has had
to re-format its page layout to include the new listings.  Currently the BBC
only comprises only 2/5ths of the (terrestrial) TV listings, not to mention
the fact that RT also covers both radio and many Sky (sattelite, sp?) and
cable channels.

To say that the book is a BBC RT book is, therefore, innacurate.  (However,
Star Trek has always been shown on BEEB 2 in the UK - And now on sky too.)

The book itself was simply something that RT chose to compile as a suitable
30th anniversary commemoration (it *is* a v. good book) because they knew
that many RT readers enjoy Star Trek.  The BBC may have had some involvement
(they have the video archives) but they are not affiliated with the Radio
Times as the statement suggests.

Just to clarify:

The Radio Times contains, primarily, articles and interviews relating to
upcoming programmes and, more importantly, complete TV listings for all
terrestrial and many Sky and Cable channels.

The Five TV channels are:

BBC 1
BBC 2

ITV
Channel 4
Channel 5

(The last three are commercial - meaning that they show adverts!)

I hope that cleared all this up (Please don't take offence - I'm justy
trying to explain.)

Qapla'

    Duncan

Back to archive top level