tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Sep 15 00:48:14 1997

KLBC: word explanations

Stardate 97706.2

nuqneH?

I was updating the lexicon files for my copy of Holtej's pojwI' for
Windows so that it would support the words presented in the KLI
Additional Canon Words (7/26/97)  list when I came across two words that
seem odd.  So rather than send a communiqu� to charghwI' which probrably
would never see a response, I am instead asking the BG and anyone else
for input regarding these words.

waH
       try out, use (experimentally), taste food to see if it's prepared
properly or to find out it you like it.
       (v) {from MSN}

Is the text regarding food merely and example of the intended
application of this verb, or does this verb exclusively relate to
taste-testing?

'op
    some of (n?) {HolQeD v4n3p4 - S47}

Can someone expand on this?  I do not have the sited issue of HolQeD.
(I only have the first volume of HolQeD.)  Is my example correct?

tlhutlhlIj 'op yInob.
Give me _some of_  your drink.

Would a counter-part to {'op} be {Hoch}?

tlhutlhlIj Hoch yInob.
Give me _all_  your drink.

tlhIngan Hol ghojwI',
*Dawut*