tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Sep 09 23:18:18 1997

Re: KLBC: (Requiem) wej'DIch 'ay'

At 11:48 AM 9/9/97 -0700, Edy wrote:
>Hoch chavmeymaj ngaSchu'bogh paqna' tu'lu'. poSchoHDI' 'oH vaj tagh yojmaj
>(There is a (definite) Book which contains (perfectly) all our achievments.
>When the book is opened our judgement will begin)

You don't need the {vaj} there.  I think it's left over from when you had a
different construction.  Other than that: maj.

>ba'pu'choH noHwI' vaj paqna' laDlu'chu'. bIjDaj popDaj joq Hev Hoch
>(The judge had become seated and then they will read the Book. Everyone will
>have their reward or their punishment.)

You've changed the English now.  Let's not try to hit a moving target.
"When the judge has been seated, they will read the book.  Everyone  will
receive his reward or punishment" - {ba'choHpu'DI' noHwI' paqna' laDlu'chu'.
bIjDaj popDaj joq Hev Hoch}. pItlh.

>I didn't want to change the most of the original latin text, but it's
>impossible. After now, I'll try to use the idea and adapt it to klingon.

You cannot translate without changing.  It isn't a matter of adapting it to
be Klingon, it's just a matter of saying it in Klingon.  For example,
Potuguese has
gendered nouns, right?  So if I were trying to translate "it" from English
to Portugese, I might have to say "he" or "she."  That wouldn't be adapting
the English, just translating it properly.

>	Ah! .. now I understood. Of course it makes more sense.

muQuchmoHbej mu'meyvetlh.

>> >	jItul. Qatlhqu' jInmolvam 'ach DaH 'oH vIta'choH vIneH
>
>> What do you mean by the {-choH} on {ta'}?
>
>	putzzz I mean nothing  .. Think in english, read the latin, think
>in portugues, translate into klingon ..  my brain is becoming overflowed ..

qechvetlh vIlajqangbej!  loS Hol Dalo'mo' rut bImIS.

Qov  ([email protected])
Beginners' Grammarian

Back to archive top level