tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Sep 08 15:03:11 1997

Re: KLBC: (Requiem) wej'DIch 'ay'

At 11:35 PM 9/7/97 -0700, Edy wrote:

>Hoch chavmeywIj ngaSchu'borgh paqna' tu'lu'. poSbej 'oH vaj tagh yojwIh
>(There is a (definite) Book which contains (perfectly) all our achievments.
It >will be certainly opened then our judgement will start).

Check your noun suffixes.  You want to say "our" not "my."
You have misspelled {-bogh}.
{poS} is "be open."  You're talking about the book being opened, becoming
open. Express this with the {-choH} suffix. I suspect your meaning would be
better conveyed using {-DI'} to say "When the book is opened our judgement
will begin.

>ba'pu'DI' noHwI' paqna' laDlu'chu'. bIjchaj popchaj joq ghaj Hoch
>(As soon as the judge had sit, they will read (in all details) the Book.
>Ev'rything will have their reward or their punishment.)

Again {-choH} would be useful.  I think you want to say, "as soon as the
judge has completed the action of becoming seated"  not "as soon as the
judge has finished sitting" right?  I suggest {Hev} (receive) would be
better than {ghaj}.
Even though we are talking about multiple people with Hoch, consider the
proverb {DujDaj HubtaHvIS Hegh 'e' tul Hoch tlhIngan}.  The possessive
suffixes on {bIj} and {pop} should be {-Daj} not {chaj}.  It's the same in
English, we would say "everyone will receive his reward or punishment."

qanaD.  jInmolvam DabuStaHvIS laHlIj DaDub.

Qov  ([email protected])
Beginners' Grammarian

Back to archive top level