tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Sep 04 00:38:38 1997

Re: SUBSCRIBE TLHINGAN-HOL F*******

At 10:01 PM 9/3/97 -0700, Korangar wrote:
>[Qov wrote]
>>At 12:23 PM 9/3/97 -0700, Don Wiss wrote:
>>>Please get me off this list immediately. I did not subscribe to it!!
>>
>>qoHna' ghaH.  jabbI'IDmeymaj HevHa'choHmeH jabbI'IDDaj'e' laDqu'nIS,
>
>Qov, this man obviously knows NO Klingon and clearly does NOT want to be on
our
>list. I feel you should help him fulfil his request to be removed from the
list.

may mu'meylIj. wej meqmeyvetlhmo' vIQaHbe'law:
A fair comment, and here are the three reasons I did not do that.

1. naDev QInmey pab vIpoj 'ach De'wI' vInaw'laHbe'.  vIteqlaHbe' jIH.
I analyse the grammar of messages here, but I can't access the computer.   I
can't take him off.

2. Hoch jabbI'IDmaj ngeHqa'ba' neH.  laDbe'law'.  vaj jIjangchugh vIQaHbe'lI'.
He's clearly just resending every one of our messages.  I don't think he's
reading them.  So if I answered I wouldn't be helping him.

3. Hoch De' poQbogh ngaS jabbI'ID cheghbogh!
All the information he required is contained in the transmission he returned.

The listowner and most responsible listowners do not remove people from a
listserver based on spam sent to the list.  Some of them seem to think they
should send: "F*** YOU!!!!" to <listname>@<return-path> to unsubscribe, when
the header and welcome message say "unsub <listname>" to listserv@<return-path>
is the one to use.

It may seem cruel, but if we teach them that spamming the list with
profanities works, they'l do it again and recommend the technique to their
friends.

Qov  ([email protected])
Beginners' Grammarian

Back to archive top level