tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Oct 25 20:35:57 1997

Re: KLBC:tIqDaj

Qov was confused by a newcomer's sentences.  I turned off the
"Klingon Sentence Grammar" switch on my translator and discovered
that they appeared to make a lot more sense that way...

Perhaps having an idea of what Dbrews meant will help you to
determine the best way to correct the mistaken grammar, Qov.

ja' Qov:
>At 18:31 97-10-18 -0700, Dbrews wrote:
>} qatlhbe' ghItlh SaH veqlargh?
>
>Is this supposed to be {qatlh ghItlh SaHbe' veqlargh} "Why doesn't the devil
>care about a manuscript? or {ghItlh Qatlhbe' SaH'a' veqlargh} "Does the
>devil care about a difficult manuscript}?

"Why not write about Fek'lhr?"

>}chaq 'oH *halloween* yot yablI'?
>
>"Perhaps Hallowe'en is invading your mind"?

"Perhaps is Hallowe'en invading your mind?"

>}jIH ghaj Hot 'oH ghoS law' Hu'
>
>I can't figure out what you're trying to say here.

"I have a feeling it is coming many days from now."

>}	'oH Qub mu'vam ta' ngoQlI'
>
>"Your goal's accomplishment of this word thinks it."  ??
>
>Not sure what you are getting at here...

"I think this word accomplishes your goal."

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level