tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Oct 25 19:39:09 1997

Re: population

>I'd like to propose the likely etymological roots of the Klingon
>word for population: roghvaH. Clearly, it comes from the words
>rogh - ferment and vaH - holster.
>
>The holster ferments.
>
>Now, one might question how the concept of a fermenting holster
>is related to population, but then again, people once questioned
>what {Qu'vatlh} had to do with "mission one hundred" or how
>{Hu'tegh} relates to day old {teghbats}...
>
>charghwI'

And in english what does [retire] have to do with [tires again]; and to
[understand] something are you [standing under] it; [message] is an [age
that is messy], perhaps referring to the use of diapers or something.
   We can't necessarily break down words in this manner.  MANY times it does
NOT work.
animal = Ha'DIbaH = let's go-when fire;  I don't think so.

But if you insist: population = roghvaH = the holster ferments: in order for
there to be a population, there have to be people living; they were not
killed, possibly the ones that would have killed those people decided to put
down their weapons and so the holsters began to ferment due to lack of use.
Anyone buying this?

DloraH

Back to archive top level