tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Oct 19 19:17:05 1997

Re: KLBC:tIqDaj

At 18:31 97-10-18 -0700, Dbrews wrote:
}	Gothic poetry,or just a vampire/zombie/mummy fan?

} qatlhbe' ghItlh SaH veqlargh?

Is this supposed to be {qatlh ghItlh SaHbe' veqlargh} "Why doesn't the devil
care about a manuscript? or {ghItlh Qatlhbe' SaH'a' veqlargh} "Does the
devil care about a difficult manuscript}?

}chaq 'oH *halloween* yot yablI'?

"Perhaps Hallowe'en is invading your mind"?  Say {chaq yablIj yotlI'
*Hallowe'en*}  The thing that is invaded goes before the verb and the thing
doing the invading goes after it.  To give the idea of ongoing invading,
don't add a pronoun, use an aspect suffix.  {lI'} implies a process of invasion.

}jIH ghaj Hot 'oH ghoS law' Hu'

I can't figure out what you're trying to say here.

}	*death* --Heghna',Heghbej,Heghchu',HeghlI',Heghlu',

Note that some of these are verbs and some nouns. Tamise I believe had found
the noun death and the verb die, but as looking for a verb "be dead," which
we don't have.

}	*alive* --yInna',yInbej,yInchu',yInlI',yInlu'

Again, some are nouns and some are verbs and the differnce is important.

}	'oH Qub mu'vam ta' ngoQlI'

"Your goal's accomplishment of this word thinks it."  ??

Not sure what you are getting at here.  Note that the possessive suffix
{-lI'} only goes on things that can talk.  If the thing owned isn't a
person, use {-lIj}.

The posting you answered was a KLBC.  Please try to wait until I've had a
chance at KLBCs, to avoid confusing beginners.

Qov     [email protected]
Beginners' Grammarian

Back to archive top level