tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Oct 23 12:22:54 1997

Re: ghe'naQ nIt 'ay'

On Thu, 16 Oct 1997 15:26:32 -0700 (PDT) Marian Schwartz
<[email protected]> wrote:

> ghItlh charghwI':
> >Dutoj:
> >
> >!loQ manIH Hoch DaH ...wIneH
> >
> >Even when you turn it around, it is gibberish...
>
> chatlh 'oHbe'!  not {Hoch} DayoymoHpu', 'ej {manIH} tlhejnIS

loQ choH manIH DaH ... wIneH

It is STILL gibberish. {manIH} can't take an object because of
the prefix. {DaH} doesn't belong there. Twist it around,
ignoring the prefix problem and you get "Now, we want to
slightly steal them (capable of language)." THAT is not
GIBBERISH?

> ghItlh Qermaq:
>
> >Uh... jIyajbe'...
> >
> >(What does this have to do with opera? Am I missing something?)
>
> bIrInDI', *archives*Daq yInej.  tugh bIyaj.

There was a brief time when people were writing things backwards
in Klingon. The confusing thing is that so long as you
keep the Romanized clusters (tlh, ch, gh, etc.) in their
proper order, backwards Klingon looks a lot like forwards
Klingon, except gibberish. Slowly we caught on. Krankor was one
of the last to catch on and was ready to kill EVERYONE by the
time it was over.

I'd go along with the joke if the decoded Klingon then made
sense...

Next, someone will be writing backwards Musorskan ROT13...

Clipped.

charghwI'

Back to archive top level