tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Oct 19 19:17:03 1997

Re: KLBC:tIqDaj

At 13:04 97-10-18 -0700, qa'SuvwI' wrote:
}Here's a story for you, it's not very long.
}
}tIqDaj   Her heart
}
}tIq ghajbe' ghaH   She has no heart
}tIqDaj vISop jIH   I ate her heart
}qa' ghajbe' ghaH   She has no spirit
}qa'Daj vItlhutlh jIH  I drank her spirit
}qa' vIghajbe'   I have no spirit
}qa'wIj ghoj ghaH  She has my spirit
{ghaj} not {ghoj}

}*dead*be' jIH 'ach *alive*be' jIH  I am not dead but not alive
}*dead*Ha' jIH   I am undead
}
}I could not find words for dead or alive if anyone has words for these
}please tell me,

jIyIn - I live, I am alive
jIHeghpu' - I have died, I am dead

Also note that the pronouns are optional in Klingon and lend added emphasis
when when not required to resolve ambiguity.  {vISop jIH} means "*I* ate it"
as though you are emphasizing that you, not someone else, did the eating.

Good work, some good practice.

Qov     [email protected]
Beginners' Grammarian

Back to archive top level