tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Oct 14 12:08:33 1997

Re: Klingon IRC Channels Accessed Successfully

>Date: Sat, 11 Oct 1997 14:26:17 -0700 (PDT)
>From: "Klingon Ambassador" <[email protected]>
>
>I am still working on getting into the KLI Mush.  When I click on the
>link at the KLI site, it opens a telnet connection in a small window
>which cuts off the ends of sentences and doesn't display the text I
>type.  When open telnet.exe and input the address, it doesn't connect;
>so I will be working on it.  I would like to really get into the MUSH,
>and maybe even have my own room/dwelling if possible.

Sounds like you need to turn on local linewrap in the first case, and in
the second case convince telnet.exe perhaps to connect to port 2218 and not
port 23 (the default).

I think maybe it *would* be a good idea if I put a web page up with a
simple Java MUSH client the connects to the MUSH.  I've already found a
client that would do the job quite nicely.  While not everyone has Java at
least it would be something.  Do you think that would help, Dawut?

~mark

Back to archive top level