tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Oct 13 11:42:34 1997

Re: KLBC: Requiem -

> You'd have to say something like "Save them so they do not fall into the
> black holes of the netherworld." or "Take them out of the black holes of the
> netherworld."

qa'pu' yoH tItoD 'ej ghe''orDaq luSpetvo' chaH tIteq
(Save the brave spirits and take them off from the black holes of the netherworld)

> }veqlargh pachDu'vo' tItoD ghe'torDaq DoHmeH
> }(Save them from the fek'lih claws in order to get them away from Gretor)
>
> Remember that a {-meH} clause alays needs to come before the main clause.
> {ghe'torDaq DoHmeH} would mean "in order that they back away *to* ghe''or."
> You need the suffix indicating motion _away from_: {ghe'torvo' DoHmeH} or
> maybe {DoHmoHmeH} depending on whether you want to imply that the lord will
> cause them to back off or just make conditions such that they will back off.

ghe'torvo' DoHmeH veqlargh pachDu'vo' tItoD
(In order to get them away from Gretor, save them from the fek'lih claws )

vaj yo'qIj ghoS Dujchaj
(and then their ship will approach them into the Black Fleet)

Hoch Qo'noS juHmeyvaD Dalay'pu'
(you had promiss it to all houses of Kronos)

qa'pu' quvvo' DaHev
(receive them from the honored spirits)

'u' buy'moH quvlIj
(Your glory fill up the universe)

Dochmey Do' junob
(you give us the fortunate things)

qo' HeS teqbogh qeylIS betleH'e', tIleSmoH
(Sword of Kahles which take the sins of world off, rest them)

taHjaj Dawovlu',  joHwI' quv
(you will be lighted forever, my honored lord)

> Almost.  When you use {-lu'} the verb's object is represented by what would
> normally be the third person object prefix for a subject of the same person
> as the object of the verb with {-lu'}.  vIleghlu' - I am seen  wIleghlu' -
> we are seen leghlu' - he/she/it is seen luleghlu' - they are seen.

	In this case, I have to write {taHjaj Dawovlu'} ?

__
Eduardo Edy Fonseca  ||   Belo Horizonte, Brasil
Pau Brasil: The brazilian's VGA Planets home page
http://www.Geocities.com/BourbonStreet/2460
QaghmeylIj tIchID yIyoH. Hovmey DIvan

Back to archive top level