tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Oct 12 20:29:20 1997

Re: KLBC: Requiem - Recordare/Confutatis/Lacrimosa

ja'pu' Edy:
>The idea is "You have not accomplished dying for nobody/nothing/in blank."
>There was a propose in his death as a previous sentence said. Then, the
> best translation is: {paghbaD bIHeghta'be'}

ja' charghwI':
>I REALLY don't like this. It sounds to me very much like you
>tried to die for nothing and you failed. It sounds VERY
>insulting, which is the opposite of what you want.

But remember the holiday proverb from PK:
{Hoch DaSopbe'chugh batlh bIHeghbe'}
"Eat everything or you will die without honor."

According to this, the {-be'} at the end of the sentence can negate the
whole idea, not just the prefix it follows.

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level