tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Oct 11 12:39:59 1997

Re: More translation Sentences

Fri, 10 Oct 1997  Qermaq wrote:
>These are for the intermediate Klingonist. I have made them a little
bit
>tricky. Some of these are Recasting 101 excercises. Therefore there are
>occasionally various acceptable ways to say it - but Qov will be the
sole
>arbiter.

I am responding with my translations to test my abilities, and to offer
some sentences which may reveal any problem areas with my compositions.
(I am in training for the stories I plan to write in tlhIngan Hol.)
{{>:-D        (a klingon smiley)

>Is walking on this vegetation illegal?
tIvamDaq mayItchugh vaj DIqoplu''a'? 	<or>
tIvamDaq mayIt Hat'a'?  		(not my first choice)

>If you cannot communicate, how will you report?
bIQumlaHbe'chugh vaj chay' bIja'.

>Tomorrow we will have conquered Vulcan.
wa'leS vulqan wIcharghpu'.

>The emperor thinks he has new clothes, but he is naked.
Sut chu' tuQlI' 'e' Qub voDleH 'ach tuQbe' ghaH.

>My self-built computer has been infected.
vIchenmoHta' De'wI'wIjbogh ngejpu' rop.
(I considered using the noun-noun construction {De'wI'rop} for "computer
disease" or "comptuer virus", but decided against it.)

>It's tempting, isn't it? But you must not drink the water in the
toilet.
bItlhu', qar'a'? 'ach puchDaq bIQ Datlhutlhbe'nIS.

>Silly Qermaq! You have again forgotten to shine your and *torgh's
shoes.
*torgh* waq waqlIj je DaboghmoH DalIjqa'pu'.  Dogh *Qermaq*.

>You must be willing to give someone's arm a knife slash if you want to
join
>our little army.
mangghomHommaj Damuv DaneH vaj DeS vay' Dape'nIS.

>Look out! Can someone see you?
yIqIm! Daleghlu''a'?

>Qov will correct your completed translation. (Yes, do this one too.)
bIH chov Qov, mughghachwIj DarInmoHDI'.

>Qermaq

*Dawut*
[email protected]