tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Oct 10 22:39:28 1997

Re: KBLC: (*proverb* chu') vIttlhegh chu'

luq Qov

(I took 2 years of french (je estude` du l'ne` [still can't spell], and one
of hebrew.  Klingon is closer to hebrew, I think -- but still VERY tough!) Oy
vay!

vIttlhegh chu'

lugh'a'

'IHchoHlI'meH be' yItlhutlh  "drink so that she's beautiful"
(I know be' = female... but what about "not" as in    jIyaj be' )

qaSpa' tlhogh tay yImev  "stop before the wedding"

--------
nuqneH

Qu'wIj:

"The Ferengi counts the money"   Huch toghlI' verengan
                                          ( lI' = to indicate in the progress
of ...)

"A daughter buys clothing."   Sut je'lI' puqbe'

"The Klingon creates a blade"   Hehjej chenmoH tlhIngan

"The son uses the blade."  HeHjej lo' puqloD

"The scientist reads the book."   paq laDwI' tej

"Her husband drinks the solution."   taS tlhutlhlI' loDnal

	and two slightly harder ones:

"I maintain the engines."  jIleH QuQmey

"My boss commands me."  mura' pIn

----
Qov,
Thank you for your wonderful help.  I believe (hope) this is
better than my last submission.
QatanI

Back to archive top level