tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Oct 10 11:29:47 1997

Re: KLBC: practise 2 (muHwI')

At 09:21 97-10-10 -0700, muHwI' wrote:
}(I wrote this in school, looking around on the playground, so don't be
}confused about what the heck I'm writing.)

toH, mu'tlheghmey QaQ bIH! bIH leghchugh taghwI'pu' ghojlaH.
Hey these are good sentences.  Beginners can learn by looking at them.

}DaH jIghungmo' vIje' vIneH.

Nice construction.  But you've said you ant to "feed" or "buy". I think
you're looking for the verb {Sop}, eat, here.  {je'} implies you will feed
somone else.

}puqpu' law' vIlegh. chuSqu'.
}   I see many children. They're really loud.
maj.

}chuS 'e' vIpar.
}   I don't like them being noisy.
majQa'.

}chuSmo' vIpar.
}   I don't like them because they are noisy.
majQa'.  Good distinction with these two sentences.

}puqpu' chuS vIparqu'. vImuS.
}   I really don't like noisy children. I hate them.
}vImuSmo' vIHoH vIneH.
}   because they are noisy I want to kill them.
puptaH

}vIHoH vIneH Sovmo' mupar je.
}   Because they know that I want to kill them, they dislike me too.

Aha, missed a bit. "They know *that* I want to kill them."  The {'e'} is not
optional, and note it's plural they knowing one thing, that you want to kill
them.

vIHoH vIneH 'e' luSovmo' mupar je.

}(Suffix practise:)
}DujHomqoqwIj vIleghlaHqu'law'
}   I think I can see my "small" ship really good. (from where I stand)

pup tlhIngan Hol. loQ Duy' DIvI' Hol.
In English you see something "really well."

povqu'bej mu'tlheghmeyvam, muHwI'.  mu'tlheghmey DaqonlaHbej SoH.
qaboQta'mo' jIHem.

Qov     [email protected]
Beginners' Grammarian

Back to archive top level