tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Oct 09 08:41:30 1997

Re: KLBC: Requiem review

> }> }nuq jIjatlh. jIH QaH 'Iv jItoDlaHbe'chugh
> }> }(What I will say? Who will help me if I cannot save myself)
> }>
> }> Don't forget verb prefixes.  "Who will help me?"  The subject is third
> }> person and the object is me.  {jIH muQaH 'Iv}  "who will help ME?"
> }
> }	Okay. I'm not sure how to use the verb prefix of the subject of the
> }sentence.
>
> Treat {'Iv} like {ghaH} when choosing prefixes.
>
> I'm not quite sure what information you're missing here, your verb prefixes
> have been pretty good.  Someone will benefit from the full explanation even
> if you don't need it.
>
> For any verb you use, you must consider its subject, the thing(s) or
> person(s) doing the action of the verb, and its object, the thing(s) or
> person(s) getting the action of the verb done to him/her/it/them.  Then look
> up the correct prefix in the table on page 33. Not all verbs have objects.
> There is a column for "no-object" pronouns to take care of that.  Verbs with
> the {-lu'} suffix don't have subjects.  See section 4.2.5 for that case.
>
> Example:  "I help you"  Subject is "I"  Object is "you"  The prefixes for
> subject "I" are in the first row of the table.  Going across the table I get
> to {qa-} in the "you (singular)" object column. The verb "help" is {QaH}.
> Therefore {qaQaH} means "I help you."
>
> Example: "You and I will tickle the bug."  Subject "you and I" equates to "we".
> Object "the bug" is an "it."  Go down the subject column to "we" and then
> across the the "him/her/it" object column.  The prefix there is {wI-}.  So
> the sentence is {ghew wIqotlh jIH SoH je}.

	`These exemples are easy, but when we have phrases like:
"It's difficult to endure the pain" becomes a bit difficult.

__
Eduardo Edy Fonseca  ||   Belo Horizonte, Brasil
Pau Brasil: The brazilian's VGA Planets home page
http://www.Geocities.com/BourbonStreet/2460
QaghmeylIj tIchID yIyoH. Hovmey DIvan

Back to archive top level