tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Oct 08 21:22:47 1997

Re: KBLC: *proverb* chu'

ghItlh Qov:

>I pre-emptively answered this in the original posting. I consider
chocolate
>to be a quantity noun, like {nIn} and would call the individual pieces
{yuch
>'ay'mey}. If you're going to nitpick, nitpick on something I haven't
>already acknowledged.

I did. You refer to yuch 'ay'mey, "pieces of chocolate" - I refer to
yuchmey - "types of chocolates" - perhaps buv yuch is a better way to put
it, but now it's your turn to nitpick.

I agree that yuch is probably a quantitative noun, like bIQ. bIQmey would
not be "lots of water" or "glasses of water" but could *only* mean "waters"
(mineral water, distilled water, seltzer water, salt water, etc.) I used
the same logic with yuch.

Qermaq

Back to archive top level