tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Oct 08 03:42:35 1997

Re: KLBC: Requiem review

> }		Requiem

> }jaw, HeSmey yIlIj
> }(Lord, forgive our sins)
>
> 1. Our sins is {HeSmeymaj}.
> 2. plural sins requires plural object imperative prefix.  {tIlIj}.  I
> clearly didn't hit you hard enough with the painstick for this last time.

	Qu'vatlh! I forgot the changes.

yoj jaj tu'lu'. jajvetlh chavmeymaj noHmeH nughoS joH
(There will be a judment's day. In that day the lord will come to us in order to
judge our achievments)

	I'll change here to "judgment's day"

> }ba'choHpu'DI' noHwI' paq'e' laDlu'chu'. bIjDaj popDaj joq Hev Hoch
> }(When the judge has been seated, they will read the book. Everyone will
> receive his reward or punishment)
>
> Any reason you emphasized {paq'e'} here?  I hope you weren't just copying
> the {-'e'} down from the sentence above.

	No. If {-'e'} is not necessary it can be dropped.

> }nuq jIjatlh. jIH QaH 'Iv jItoDlaHbe'chugh
> }(What I will say? Who will help me if I cannot save myself)
>
> Don't forget verb prefixes.  "Who will help me?"  The subject is third
> person and the object is me.  {jIH muQaH 'Iv}  "who will help ME?"

	Okay. I'm not sure how to use the verb prefix of the subject of the
sentence.

> }quv qa'pu' toDbogh joH'a', HItoD
> }(Great Lord, who saves the honored spirits, save me)
>
> Remeber that a stative verbs modifying a nouns follows the noun. {qa'pu' quv}
> Perhaps {toDtaHbogh} I think that he saves the honoured spirits not just
> once, but in the past and future as well, qar'a'?

	HIja'

Dochvam yIqaw' joHwI' quv: wo' vItoytaHvIS jIHegh. qa'wI' yIje'
(Rebember this, my honored Lord: I'll die serving the empire. Enrich my spirit)

> Again, {joHwI' quv}.  Check the prefix on {toy'}.

	vItoytaHvIS.

> I see how you understood {puQ} - "be fed up" as "enrich," but "be fed up"
> happens to be an Engish idiom meaning "have reached the limit of tolerance."
> The verb you ant is {je'} as in {qa' wIje'meH maSuv}.

	Sutil difference for non english native!  :-)

__
Eduardo Edy Fonseca  ||   Belo Horizonte, Brasil
Pau Brasil: The brazilian's VGA Planets home page
http:\\www.Geocities.com\BourbonStreet\2460
QaghmeylIj tIchID yIyoH. Hovmey DIvan

Back to archive top level