tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Oct 07 09:58:32 1997

KLBC: remaining and still

 Doch wa'DIch, muQaHta'mo' Qov vItlho' vIneH.  - I think that makes sense......

    I do have a question though.... I've been pondering the idea of still.... and how would it be translated.... I don't think I've ever crossed that before.....  my guess is that you would have to do one of those long and round about type of translations....  a {qaSpu'DI'} deal...... like take this for instance.....

    poH law' qaSpu'DI' SoHvaD tIqwIj Sabbe'

    Now this is how I'm thinking this is translated..... lit: when it occurs much time my heart doesn't deteriorate for you.... or a better trans. would be My heart still doesn't deteriorate for you...... do you see what I'm getting at?? anyone have any better Ideas to help me out with this one?

Oh and Qov the story behind my name is kind of funny.... it was back before I started to really study tlhIngan Hol.... I was on a moo playing a SuvwI' tlhIngan and I called myself DaQ'qan and by chance he had a long poneytail running down his back.... so when I found out later that DaQ qan was translated old poneytail I tough it was destiny.... at the time also I was growing one of my own..... I know the ' throws it off but I decided to keep it there..... I hope that is ok? but thanks again guys!!!

DaQ'qan

Back to archive top level