tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Oct 07 00:15:13 1997

yargh lut Errata

At the end of the first section, {jatlh yaS     HIghoS} is not strong enough.
 It should read {jach yaS     jabwI'} (KGT p102 "The server is called over by
shouting {jabwI'}.")

So the new end is:

latlh neH yaS
ghoS jabwI' neH yaS
jach yaS     jabwI'
yas ghoS yargh
jatlh yargh     nuq DaneH

jatlh yaS     yuch vIneHbej

yuch jabchu' yargh 'ej Sop yaS

Again, in  the second episode of ths story, the line reading {jach loD
    HIghoS} should read {jach loD     jabwI'}.

Also, in the second episode, there is a line saying {nuq botlhob boneH}.
 After SuStel pointed out that {tlhob} means "ask [a person], request [a
person to do something]", I searched for MO canon uses of {tlhob}.  I found
only one:  KGT p184 has {juDev 'ej Dujvam ra'wI' DagheS 'e' vItlhob}, which
translates as "I request that you lead us and that you assume the duties of
commander of this ship."  In the explanations that follow, {vItlhob}
translates as "I request it."  From {'e' vItlhob} we discern that {tlhob} is
a transitive verb.  By inference, I claim that {tlhob} can take an object,
that which is being requested.  I have used it in my story as "place an order
for..."

peHruS

I shall have re-posted the first two sections.

Back to archive top level