tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Oct 06 03:44:21 1997

About telnet, the MUSH and ICQ/UIN

On  5 Oct 97 at 14:52, Klingon Ambassador wrote:

> I have accesses the KLI Mush in the past, but lost my mushman
> program and am left with simple telnet.exe which is distributed with
> Win95.  I cannot successfully operate this scaled down telnet
> program.

Scaled down? Telnet is really nothing more than that! It's just a
dumb terminal connection. I had Win95's telnet client setup in the
System Agent for the time of the class (so it would start a telnet
session to the KEVE automatically then), but since I wasn't at my
computer then, I missed it.

Was this one single attempt at setting a fixed time for such a thing,
or will the be others? Will there be regular hours, so I can make the
entry in the System Agent a recurring one? In that case I would at
least shown my face at the KLI Mush every time I'm at my computer
when there is a class.

> I am more familiar with mIRC, and support the suggestion to use IRC
> in some form.  Earlier this morning I visited the Klingon IRC
> channels #tlhIngan and #Klingon on both DALnet and IRCnet, but only
> met silent bots.

Why not all get a Universal Internet Number and chat "privately" via
the ICQ server? For that matter: Which of you already use ICQ and
have a UIN (at least some of you have one, like Worf). I could start
adding these to my Klingon name list as well, if there are enough
Klingons on this planet with UINs.

Qapla'
peSHIr

Jarno Peschier, computer science student, Utrecht University
   mailto:[email protected]    http://jarno.home.ml.org/
    'avwI' nejDI' narghta'bogh qama' reH 'avwI' Sambej

Back to archive top level