tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Oct 04 18:53:43 1997

Re: Taste, Dance, Arrow

Pardon me for getting behind and commenting on something others
have probably already discovered, but:

On Fri, 3 Oct 1997 01:29:43 -0700 (PDT)  Qov <[email protected]>
wrote:
> dance as a noun:
> The dance will begin at 5 o' clock.
> SochmaH rep mI'choHlu'

ghorgh mI'choHlu'? You just said the dance begins at 1:10 AM. I
think. vaghvatlh rep mI'choHlaw' DIvI' Hol jatlhwI'pu'. wa'vatlh
wa'maH rep mI'choHlaw' tlhIngan Hol jatlhwI'pu'. buDlaw' DIvI'
Hol jatlhwI'pu', qar'a'?

> May I have this dance?
> DaH mamI'taHvIS chotlhejqang'a'?

I'm a romantic fool. I prefer:

mamI'choHbe'chugh vaj bIHegh!

I've been told I have a special way with the ladies...

> }Oh, yes: arrows. I note no reference to bows or arrows in the Argot
> }section on Weaponry, either Traditional or Modern.

Well, consider that to sight an arrow well means to have the
string rubbing up against your Quch. My own experience is
that this is an unpleasant feeling and the the strings don't
last very long and when they break, there is no way to respond
gracefully. It makes you look damned silly, if you ask me. There
is no honor in looking like a fool when your simple bow explodes
in your face. Our ancestors knew better than to devise weapons
so poorly suited to our anatomy. nIvba' chetvI' naQjej je.

> }So would one consider a term such as *naHjejHom* <small spear> for
> }arrow? If that is accepted, what about "bow?"

For "arrow", I use {naHjejHom Dogh}. For "bow", I use
{jorbogh naQ}. (See above for explanation of this term). Realize
that these are NOT Klingon weapons.

> Qov     [email protected]
> Beginners' Grammarian

charghwI'