tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Oct 01 20:35:00 1997

KLBC: Hmmm

As I was walking in the promenade at DS-9, I over heard an Earther and a
Klingon.  It seems the Earther understood Klingon, but refused to speak it --
at first.  And the Klingon understood Federation Standard, but refused to
speak it.  It went like this:

E:  Hey, Klingon, you look lost.
K:  nook-NEKH
E:  Fine, can I help you with something?
K:  HIja'
E:  What?
K:  nuqDaq'oH puchpa''e'
E:  That way, first corridor on the right, second door to the left.
K:  jIyaj
E:  I'm learning Klingon, how's this:  tlhIngan yoH ngeD verengan yoH Qatlh
K:  Qu'vatlh!

With that, the Klingon cold-cocked the Earther, who fell to the floor
unconscious, then went down the corridor in the direction given by the
Earther.

Qapla'
QatanI

Back to archive top level