tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Nov 29 23:19:42 1997

Re: Noun-noun with {'e'}

ghunchu'wI' wrote:
}>Can someone tell me why I shouldn't use {'e'} as the first noun of a pair
}>of nouns in this way?

SuStel wrote:
}For one thing, pronouns are never used in noun-noun constructions (except
}for things like {jIH Dung} "area above me").  This fact is stated explicitly
}on TKD page 52.  And there is no Type 4 noun suffix devoted to {'e'} or
}{net}.

Qov wrote:
}For one, {'e'} is a pronoun, and pronouns are only used in possessives when
}it's a noun of proximity.

toH!  wa'logh maghoHbe SuStel jIH je. :)

Qov     [email protected]
Beginners' Grammarian

Back to archive top level