tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Nov 28 12:07:35 1997

Re: Translating

ja' peHruS:
>I am not trying to convert Klingons to a Terran belief pattern.
>'ach *yID* jIH je

I'm not advocating that we actually *use* this borrowed word, of course;
it's basically an inside joke along the lines of "Paramount Hol".  But if
you *are* going to put it in your sentences, at least do it correctly. :-)
You have either treated it as a noun or left off a verb prefix.

[The non-word {*yID} was used as a verb by Captain Krankor, in the sentence
{DaH jIyID}, after he received a yarmulke as a gift and had placed it on his
head.]

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level