tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Nov 26 17:05:47 1997

Re: [proposal] translation for directions.

ghItlh Qov:

>Philippe Lavoie wrote:
>> Hi,
>Hi Philippe, I'm known here as Qov and I'm the Beginners' Grammarian,
>here to help newcomers turn enthusiasm and a shiny new Klingon
>Dictionary into good tlhIngan Hol, a very battered copy
>of TKD, and even more enthusiasm.

What Qov, who is overworked yet dedicated, forgot to mention is to put KLBC
in the subject of a post if you want her specifically to answer it. Even
though we are all trained by painstik to not respond to a post which SHOULD
be KLBC till she's had first crack, sometimes things happen...

>jajlo' lurgh
>ram choS lurgh

Why not just <choS lurgh>? Oh, Phillipe, <lurgh> is in the Addendum. It
means "direction (spatial) (n)".

>pem bIr Hov lurgh

I don't get this one, Qov. "Daytime's cold star direction"? What about
<DungluQ QIb lurgh>?

>peQ chem lurgh

vIparHa'!

Go north. <peQ chem lurgh yIghoS>

http://www.kli.org/tlhIngan-Hol/current/0847.html -Daq ghItlh Phillipe:

>The dogs are hidding about 2 kilometers to the south of here.

I think Qov should look at this one - but I'll take a crack at it. Just
don't assume it's right and don't use it! Qov will let you know what to do!
And, I assume, me as well! (Phillipe indicates 'dogs' here refers
derogatorily to beings capable of using language.)

<DungluQ QIb lurgh qelI'qam wa'SaDDIchDaq So'taH Ha'DIbaHpu'>

Qov, mu'tlheghwIj yIlughmoHneS. lugh 'e' vIHar 'ach chaq bIQ ngaS
HIvje'wIj...

Qermaq

Back to archive top level