tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Nov 26 17:04:03 1997

Re: [proposal] translation for directions.

 > attached together.  When you look up a word, if it is a verb remove
 > the prefix, then find the *longest* matching word in the word lists.
 > So when you are looking up {lurgh}, don't stop when you find {lur}:
 > keep going until you find {lurgh}.  Everything left after you've
 > found the root word should be a suffix.

Ooops forgot to look in the addendum for lurgh

lurgh -> direction

So I'll try it again

jajlo' lurgh       -> the direction of the dawn
ram choS lurgh     -> the direction of the night's twilight
pem bIr Hov lurgh  -> the direction of the cold daytime's star
peQ chem lurgh     -> the direction of the magnetic field

I don't understand the last two.

Thanks for the help. I hope I'll be a good student.

Phil

PS How would Phil  or Philippe be translated in Klingon ?

Back to archive top level