tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Nov 23 23:59:40 1997

Re: squadron officers

<< >somebody challenged:

 >>1)  Two squadrons of officers entered the restaurant.
 >>2)  Two squadron officers entered the restaurant.
 >>3)  The officers of two squadrons entered the restaurant. >>

The challenger says:

Qe' lu'el cha' nawlogh yaSpu'
Qe' lu'el cha' nawlogh yaSpu'
Qe' lu'el cha' nawlogh yaSpu'

Now, how are we going to distinguish these?

Sentence one may not be covered well in tlhIngan Hol as we know it.  It calls
for the use of a measure:  sqaudrons.

Sentence two places the number before a noun-noun construction resulting in a
compound noun.  I brought up the question after Voragh pointed out three
canon examples showing me that the number goes in front of the noun-noun
construction.

Sentence three gives Noun 1 possessing Noun 2.

peHruS

Back to archive top level